The Broadway League Inc. (the “Broadway League“) knows that your privacy is important to you, and we want you to know that it is important to us too. We created this Policy to explain the types of information we collect through www.broadwaybridges.org and the various social networking platforms that we use (each, a “Site”), how we will use, disclose and protect this information once it is collected, and how you can opt-out of some of our uses and disclosures of your information.
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- The Site is owned and operated by the Broadway League (referred to in this policy as “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties for third party marketing purposes. You can elect for us not to do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
- This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than through our Site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person , except that your rights to opt-out of our use and sharing of your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes applies also to the personal information that we collect offline.
- Advertisements displayed to you on this Site and elsewhere may be customized to your interests and preferences based on your personally identifiable information and Web site usage Information collected through our Site unless you opt out by following the instructions that can be found at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices or the NAI’s consumer Web site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. (You have to opt-out using each of your Web browsing applications and devices separately.) However, if you opt-out we may still suggest offerings to you on our Site based on your history at our Site.
Opt In and Opt Out
You may have the right to opt in to or opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail. You may tell us that you do not want to receive our promotional messages or that you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes, by sending us your name, address, e-mail and phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also opt-out of our promotional e-mails by clicking on the opt-out link within the e-mail you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Also, to stop receiving promotional messages from third parties who already have your contact information, please contact them directly.
What information is collected on this Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We collect different categories of Personal Information from different sources, including User-Provided Information and Site Usage Information. We also collect Personal Information from social networking and blogging platforms, which may provide both User-Provided Information and Site Usage Information. For more on social networking platforms, see the Social Networking section, below.
We collect Personal Information such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and zip code. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you sign up for our newsletters; comment on posted content; enter sweepstakes and contests; complete surveys; or contact us via email.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site.
Among other things, this information enables us to generate analytics reports on the usage of our Site. To opt-out of your Site usage being included in our Google Analytics reports, you may follow these instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. For example:
- Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a Web site. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past, and relate your use of the Site to other information about you, such as your Site usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site (for example, by storing your username so you can log in easily and keeping you logged into the Site after you have provided your password) or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information and detect and prevent fraud. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of the Site or its features.
- Local shared objects may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, visit this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html
- HTML5 (the language some Web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
- Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited our Website or another web site in the past.
- A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our e-mails or seen one of our Web pages.
- These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Site Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our Site using different Web browsers and different computers or devices.
Our Site may include features and functionalities that allow you to share information with us that you have already provided to a third party social networking platform. For example, you may be able to create an account on our Site or log-in to our Site using your Facebook account or other third party credentials. If you do so, then Personal Information or other data that you have provided to that third party will be made available to us, pursuant to the third party’s terms and conditions, and you consent to our use of that information in accordance with this Policy. The information we receive from that third party may depend on the privacy settings you have on the third party site.
We also include tools on our Site that allow you to share and/or publicly post content or information from our Site to your profile on a third party social network. Third party social networking platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how they will use, protect and share your information, including any information you share on those platforms from our Site, and we encourage you to read them.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the Personal Information we collect from and about you, including User-Provided Information, Site Usage Information and/or any information collected through Social Networking sites, to perform the following business functions:
- enabling users to use our Site and its features
- administering the Site
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- market research
- developing new features and offerings on the Site
- sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you. You may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the Opt In and Opt Out section above
- protecting our rights and property
- recovering debt and preventing fraud
- customizing our Site to your interests and history with us
- tailoring ads displayed to you on our Site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf) and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Site with other Site users, we may share your information:
- with our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties for their marketing and other purposes, unless you tell us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-in and Opt-out section above;
- with our co-sponsor(s) if we obtain your information in connection with a contest, sweepstakes, offering, or other promotional activity that is jointly offered by us and any third parties, unless you instruct us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-in and Opt-out section above;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law; or
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Third-Party Ad Servers and Networks
Certain ads that are displayed to you on our Site (including ads served in connection with third party content) may be served by third-party advertising companies. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites, the region of the country or world where your IP address indicates you are located, as well as other information about you in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These advertisements may appear on this Site and on other Web sites. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you. We encourage you to read these businesses’ privacy policies to learn about how they treat your information.
For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer Web site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” (DNT) signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under “Site Usage Information” above) in response to DNT settings in your web browser. In addition, our third party partners, such as web analytics companies and social media networks, collect information about your online activities over time and across our Site and other online properties. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. We utilize Google Analytics for our web analytics and you can opt out of your Site usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Access Rights
You may contact us at the “Contact Us” information below to request a summary of your Personal Information retained by us or request to modify or remove certain of your Personal Information. In addition, you can modify certain of your Personal Information by clicking on the “Update My Profile” link in e-mail messages that you receive from us. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
The Site may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
Data Subject Rights Under European Law
If you are a natural person (a “Data Subject”), you may have certain rights in addition to those described elsewhere in this policy, such as under the Opt In and Opt Out section above. These rights are in relation to your Personal Information, and include the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Information, as outlined in this Policy.
Such rights also include, where certain conditions are met:
- the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you,
- the right to have inaccurate information about you amended or updated,
- the right to object to processing of Personal Information about you,
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant),
- the right to have Personal Information about you erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations,
- the right to data portability and to request the transmission of Personal Information about you to another organization,
- the right to object to automated decision making that materially impacts you, direct marketing, and processing for research or statistical purposes, and
- the right to lodge complaints with applicable data supervisory authorities.
As a Data Subject, you should use the contact information below to get more information and/or to make a formal request. We will endeavor to keep the Personal Information we store about you reasonably accurate and up-to-date by enabling you to correct it by request.
You should notify us if any of your Personal Information changes or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the Personal Information we hold about you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
We use the Personal Information collected from Data Subjects where it is necessary for us to perform under an agreement with you (if we have one with you) and our legitimate interests where your interests and fundamental rights as a Data Subject do not override those interests. For example, in order for us to operate our Web Site it is necessary for us to collect certain data about you to improve your user experience and manage the Site. In addition, we use this Personal Information to send informational messages to you to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Disclosure & Retention of Data Subjects’ Personal Information
We will take reasonably necessary steps to ensure that where Personal Information of Data Subjects is shared with third parties, it is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws.
We will endeavor not to keep Personal Information in a form that allows a Data Subject to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. At the end of the applicable retention period, we may destroy, erase from our systems, or anonymize Personal Information as part of such efforts. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the Data Subject’s Personal Information, the purposes for which we process the Data Subject’s Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
The Broadway League Inc.
729 Seventh Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Effective Date: 5/15/2018